May 23, 2006

Self-Portrait Tuesday


This week I would like to throw the SPC spotlight on a friend who makes me a better person just for knowing her! I am throwing some kudos to my dear friend Jamey who recently cut off her long flowy red locks to donate to Locks Of Love. If you havent heard of this awesome organization, allow me to explain.
From their website: "Locks of Love is a non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children 18 years or younger suffering from long-term medical hair loss."
Be sure to head over to their website and see the before and after photos. They are simply astounding and heart warming! Jamey has inspired me to keep growing my hair for another few months and then donate as well.


We tie a lot of our daily self esteem up in how our hair looks everyday. This is an amazing service that everyone who can grow an extra 10 inches of hair can afford to contribute to! (That is the minimum contribution.) I am so anxious to lop it all off and send it over. Just a few more inches . . . wont that be an interesting post!
Thank you Jamey for being the inspiration. I'd never make it to 10 inches without your support! I want to chop it NOW!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great thing to do! If i had 10 inches of hair i'd gladly have it chopped off.

Funky Finds said...

That is awesome! Nice of you to recognize her selfless act. And ya'll are so cute!

Anonymous said...

you're both beautiful! what a sweet friend. that's a great tribute to her.

Anonymous said...

Wow, she is cute.. Who ever married her must be one lucky guy! Oh wait, that me!

Blogging Masterclass said...

god michelle you were right, we so totally look like we could be sisters!!!

i love this photo, splendid. so nice to see you with your friend like this...

xo
holly

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

That is a true gift! My brother did it, he grew his hair long, very long, he has beautiful thick wavy hair, every girls dream, and he shaved it and donated the longest thickest hair they had ever seen!
Having cancer is hell, going bald from is a very painful reminder and everyone stares...
Thank you (in advance!), and your friend for this gift of love!

Paula Manning-Lewis said...

Hi, love your art! Found you on etsy.com and came here. That was great what your friend did with her hair. I donated mine a couple of years ago, took me 5 years to grow out 10 inches, and it is just now getting long again. Best thing I ever did!

Susan Schwake said...

hello michelle!
your photos are great! and we love locks of love. good for your friend! we have done that here too.
yea! for self portrait challenges