Sep 29, 2006

Illustration Friday: Quiet



How I do love quiet, which happens to be the theme for this weeks Illustration Friday. This is Camille2, a piece I finished yesterday. This is the kind of image that makes me think of complete peace. The kind where your mind is so empty that you find yourself noticing the dust that is floating in a ray of sunlight, like little dancing granuels of pixie dust or something. I like those moments. I imagine that this photo was probably taken early on a Sunday morning, before the neighbors are up making noise. I can envision the steaming mug of coffee on the table in front of her, and imagine the smell of eggs and sausage in the air. TGIF!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just adore your work. This piece is great!


Teresa

Heartful said...

Love the light on her, and yes, it exudes a deep, happy peacefulness.

Unknown said...

She is so serene...I love the flowers & music!

Ouissi x

alex said...

poignant and beautiful, and as the name Camille implies, not without a certain sadness.

Gina Cuff said...

This is a lovely piece!