Jan 8, 2007

Illustration Friday: Buzz


A little late, but better than never! This weeks IF theme is buzz. I have chosen Gail for this post because I love this photo! She is hanging out on a chaise in her backyard, all proper in an argyle sweater. What you cant see is that her socks match the sweater and she is fully relaxed with her feet up. This image makes me think of a good friend who I used to visit in LA before I moved back here from NYC. We would sit in the backyard and hold on tightly to our warm coffees and tea around the Chiminea. We would talk non-stop for hours and munch on cinnamon raisin toast. We would end up with major caffeine and sugar highs and then crash on the sofa! We had so much fun hanging out in that yard! Then I moved back here, and she moved to NYC. We switched, which was a buzz kill! Ha!

4 comments:

marcisenders said...

Beautiful illustration!

Erika Astronauta Ariente said...

interesting composition :)!

stilettoheights said...

beautiful, I am blown away, she is lovely.

Anonymous said...

Love this piece. Your work is so timeless...always impressed and inspired by your style :)