May 5, 2009

Introducing Lucy!

About a month ago, the Hub and I decided to finally get to it and adopted a dog. We have been talking about it for about 5 years, and finally found a face too cute to ignore! ;) So, I give you Lucy Robinson! Lucy came from the Hub, and Robinson because at the ripe old age of 8, all the young pups are all over her! (You know who you are, e'hem ZIP!)LOL Part Poodle & part Cocker Spaniel, she is all love!

I have to be sure to RAVE about the shelter that we found Lucy through, Pet Orpahns of Southern California. There are no words to fully explain the dedication and love that the folks at PO shower on their animals. I absolutely recommend that if you are looking for a furry friend, that you start here! A friend of mine volunteers there and does a spot on the Thursday night Fox 11 news at 10, each week highlighting a new pooch. Lucy, then "Irene", was the star of the spot about 5 weeks ago. I was immediately smitten. Her mellowness called to me!

This little pup is the absolute sweetest! She did her first art fair with me last weekend and was so well behaved. She passed out the second we got home!

13 comments:

Kim Bagwill said...

I love this dog! She is the calmest dog I know (which is my kind of dog). Such a sweetheart!

Meg said...

congratulations! She is sooo cute.

claudine hellmuth said...

yay a new family member!! congrats! she's a cutie! thank you for rescuing this sweet girl.

Anonymous said...

Lucy is adorable!!! And you saved her little life.

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE!! :)

hugs,
sarah.

mi2 said...

aww.. little lucy is too cute. Lucky!!

Larraine said...

Congratulations on your pet adoption. I love it when people give a mixed breed a good home. It's a win/win for everyone including you and Lucy!

Natasha Sazonova said...

It's very nice of you to take an older dog. Everybody always wants a puppy... which is too bad because older dogs are just as cute and loving!

VBR said...

A Cocker-Poo is a wonderful little dog. She is going to bring you many years of happiness. I had a yellow Cocker Spaniel years ago that was a darling. I now have a standard poodle that is one of the joys of my life. So, I can only imagine how wonderful Lucy must be. And, remember what they say about people who rescue dogs - They are angels on earth.

Sara Serna said...

What a cutie! I used to strictly like big, short-haired dogs, but I've become a sucker for the little white-haired guys in my old age. :)

Sharmon Davidson said...

Congrats on your adoption! I have a cockapoo also, and they have adorable personalities, not to mention exceptional cuteness!

Jan from Wyoming said...

She looks like she has a smile on her face as she is sleeping. And why not? She has a wonderful new family! I wish you the best with your new sweet dog!

Kukothebrave said...

Awww! I am normally a self-professed cat lover but she is wonderfully cute!