May 9, 2006

Self Portrait Tuesday-Introduce Yourself week 2


We all wear many hats throughout our every day . . . but I have never worn one quite this extravagant! This is an original Kelly Christy creation that I got to play around in at her trunk show on Saturday. It reminds me of being a guard at Windsor Castle. Or maybe of something that would have been worn in Gigi or Funny Girl. It is so cool! I love the built in bangs of feathers! Note the very cool Jennifer Jones necklace. I got to wear it for the day. I love the Starfish, but she also offers other charms like little revolvers and sea shells.

You can see more of shots of the Trunk Show on Creative Swoon!!

2 comments:

Susan Schwake said...

that hat is SO wild! i am a hat fan too!
thanks for sharing the Kelly Christy link. Looked like fun! Go over to ullabenulla's ... she has been making some gorgeous hats..

Cally said...

What a great hat, I wish we lived in a world where hats were worn by more people, they can be so varied and amazing.