Mar 28, 2007

Tote Hell!




Lately I have been focusing on designing sewn items with my art on them. I have designed a few items that will all be one of a kind. I'll be sharing those soon. But today, I have to share my very first tote bag, because it almost made me give up sewing all together!

Nothing makes you feel like you've had a total brain fart more than doing one side perfectly and then doing the other just backwards! I feel like the coyote that has just been struck by the anvil! I am seeing stars! I am sure this will all get easier as I practice. I just cant wait for those days!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great work Girl! If you honestly think that there is anything put together wrong when making that bag. Perhaps you should take another look. I think it's wonderful myself. :)
*HUGS*

mcaplan said...

Thank you for the words of support! I dont tend to think 3 dimensionally, so constructing these things is really working my brain. I am making a pouch now, and totally just sewed the lining in backwards! Oi vey!

I will get the hang of it, if in the meantime I dont chuck the machine out the window! Ugh! Of for more torture!

Funky Finds said...

this is awesome! nice work.