Jan 8, 2008

2008! Can you believe it!

Hello!!!! I am am back after a much needed hiatus, and have so much to share! I feel like it has been eons since I blogged, and while I have been working hard on re-centering myself (not sure if that was accomplished :) It was such a cozy holiday here in our home. The cats certainly had no problem taking full advantage of their giant beds next to the fire! It was a lovely tree this year, and I was sad to take it down.

I also took time out to see some movies, play a few board games, and hang out with friends and family! We did a lot of cooking, including the above Chocolate Hazelnut Cake which was unreal! Of course there has been a little work sprinkled throughout. I have to say that I am glad to see an end to the overwhelming madness of the holidays! I just can't believe that it is already 2008!

January 2nd was the 10 year mark of the day that I left LA and moved to NYC to go to art school. 10 years has gone by in a blink, and they were amazing years! I never thought for one moment that I would ever be living back in LA, and as a full time artist. I envisioned myself in some corporate design job somewhere designing books or product packaging, or who knows. I look back over the time I have spent, and am proud to be here in suburbia, surrounded by glue and paper. I just didn't see it coming! I recently found a book that my sister gave me for Christmas right before I left for NY, and on the inside she wrote "Have fun. You only get to do this part once. . . ", and I realize how true that is! I wish I could go back to my 20 year old self and give her a good shake, and a few pearls of wisdom I have gained along the way. Just tweak my/her mindset a smidge, because I dont think I did too badly up to this point, but I would be more adventurous, alone and young in a place like NYC. Looking back, I would do a few things differently now, but only if those things led me right to where I am today. Can I have it all please? LOL

Add to Technorati Favorites

4 comments:

andrea said...

I totally get what you're saying! I had a very similar experience leaving LA to go to art school in England then NYC and I swore I'd never come back to LA, let alone the valley! yet here I am!

Congrats to you for making it all work!

Anonymous said...

ooooohh- I want it all too!! Please!!
And I'll take a trip back 20 years for a little shake too!!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I recently found your blog and your collages are amazing :-)

One Love Photo said...

Welcome back! I completely understand wanting to time travel and tell yourself things, you wish you would have known then. I am excited to see your new work this year. Your fireplace looks so sweet all dressed up for the holidays!