Feb 11, 2008

Glorious day at South Park

I have to say that I had a blast yesterday at the South Park Flea Market! The weather was, just as this photo implies, GORGEOUS. Just insanely amazing for a February day. With all of the buildings and hustling bustle on the streets surrounding us, I totally felt like I was in NYC in Spring.

After not setting up a booth for almost 2 months I was surprised how smoothly it all went. For me, the stress level was almost nothing, and that is very unusual. I am generally freaking out and get all red in the face with stress and heat. Not yesterday though! Set up went smooth as butta!

The crowd was chock full of really cute dogs who cracked me up. I was surrounded by some of my greatest crafty friends who made the day fly! The only bummer of the day was when I went to pull out my camera, and realized I left the battery in the charger! BUMMER!

Hannah did have hers handy and snapped some great shots so that I could share them here with y'all! Thank goodness one of us wore our smartypants! (We actually prove most days that 2 heads are better than one!)

The whole idea of the South Park Flea Market seems to be getting an extremely warm reception by all of the residents in downtown LA. They are hoping that the weekly market will grow and flourish. While the organizers seem to be starting off the event smaller than it will hopefully one day be (50-60 vendors, with a capacity for easily 200) yesterdays attendance was rawking!

The market had a great mix of vintage clothes, furniture, books, etc. and artisans like me, Shari Enge (pictured above not wasting a second of precious time while at the show!), Tyn Atol and Hannah to name a few. It has the potential to be an incredible weekly event! I think that Hannah and I will be doing this Sunday as well. I will post when I have more details!

(All images courtesy of the one with the brains on Sundays!)

Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comment:

redcatdance said...

Thanks for posting about your show. I too sell outdoors at a farmers' market. We just had our annual general meeting and our season doesn't start until Mothers' Day Sunday. I'm excited to get out there and you remind me what I have to look forward to. All the best to you this season!