Apr 27, 2006


Quick post tonight. I have been working hard on getting ready to hang a show at the library in Calabasas, CA. They have a bunch of huge wall spaces that have inspired me to create some new larger pieces. The two ladies on the horses are 36"X48" each.


This picture is of two couples in the 1920's standing in an arched walkway. I love this image. It reminds me of old Hollywood and the days of Mary Pickford and Charlie Chaplin. In the background there are fabulous old magazine ads and articles featuring such Hollywood legends as Marlena Dietrich, Cyd Charisse, Gregory Peck and Ava Gardner. Its so nostalgic. I love this era!

These photos are really terrible. I am kind of embarrassed! I will replace them as soon as the sun comes up! Best to shoot these outside in natural light!

4 comments:

Teri M. said...

Hallo! I've been lurking around for awhile, but I thought that today I take the opportunity to tell you how much I adore your work! Everything that I've seen so far is just gorgeous. (gee, could I gush anymore?)

Alicia said...

Your work just keeps getting better and better! I love this larger size. It really compliments these grand old images!

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

The size is fantastic, I love them larger than life!! Oh very eye catching!! Good luck!!

IMEDAGOZE said...

They are great, Michelle! how many are you making for the show? Best wishes for you..