Nov 28, 2006

Glamor-wk 4


As it turns out, November has been hectic! I have let my participation in the Self Portrait Challenge suffer, something that makes me a bit crazy as I sort of promised myself that I would be consistent! Turns out that my version of consistent is maintaining something for a few months, and then lapsing for a short while before kicking myself in the behind! Ha!

I guess part of my ease at falling behind in the SPC is that Glamor, this months theme, is not really something I identify with. I spend a lot of time in my sweats trying not to drop gobs of glue on them! (It is a futile effort!) I think that glamor is sonething on the inside, and I find it HYSTERICAL the things we will subject ourselves to in an effort to be pretty! Take this crazy face mask thing that my friend gave me to do the night before my Real Simple photo shoot. I look like some kind of Hannibal Lecter prodigy! The whole thing was simply too funny not to photograph, and then apparently share with the world! So enjoy my attempt at pursuing glamorous skin! The process was certainly anything but!!!

5 comments:

Uber Mer said...

I too had such a hard time with this month's challenge. I guess we can't we something we're not... we can sure try though!

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Uber Mer said...

correction: ... we can't be something...

Anonymous said...

You are very brave. Not to post the pic, but to put that thing on your face!

Georgia said...

I am totally buying one of those for my halloween costume next year:)

xoxo
Georiga

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle! Oh my, this is funny. I've been visiting your blog here and it's been fun. Just saw the video above. Oh, this pic of you. YOu are gorgeous inside and out! I also don't do alot of glam, pony tail most everyday, but I try to remember a bit of lipstick and have glimpses of having a makeover like the one in the video above, but then I snap out of it! LOL! Well, you are one busy woman! you inspire me so and your artwork is amazing as always! xxoo Lia