Jun 23, 2006

Illustration Friday: Rain



OK-This weeks Illustration Friday theme is just cruel. On the first day of a major heat wave, they assign Rain?? I broke a sweat just taking it outside to photograph it! And I am pretty sure that Karma and I are buddies this week, so I am at a loss!

Now, I realize that I have gone a little dot crazy lately, but I just dont care! (Just you wait until I post my contribution to the Said and Done project!) I love the textures and colors and movement! Will I ever wake up from this Wonka-esque induced trace! We shall see! I am going to glue with wild abandon until either my hole punches break (God forbid!) or I start needing to take Dramamine to work! And even then I may just rely on the old place-one-foot-on-the-floor trick, as if trying to stop the room from spinning after a hard night of drinking, not that I have ever been in such a state. . . . It is Friday and I am feeling frisky! Any fun weekend plans in the cooler parts of the world? Going to be over 100 degrees here, so I think the movies might be a plan!

By the way, I have 40 or so of these old illustration boards from when Graphic design was an actual manual process, before computers. I am going to be doing collages along this line and posting them in my Etsy shop until the are all used and up there. They will be priced in the 25-30 dollar range, so get over and see whats new!

6 comments:

carla said...

Well, as hot as it is in your part of the world, you did one cool illo for this week's topic! I love the little dots of rain and the 50s gal with her perfect happy smile! The graph paper background is a great touch!

claudine hellmuth said...

I love it! I am crazy for polka dots too :)

Susan Schwake said...

Congrats! Michelle! on Whip up taking you on! Just read the news there... very nice work. Oh yes, I love this one too. Polka dots are grand. Not too dotty at all!
finally crawling out from under here...

Anonymous said...

Nice! Very original (and I did paste up before computers were invented, too)!

Anastasia said...

This is great - love the polkadot rain drops!! Im a huge polkadot fan - loveit!

arvindh said...

this is beautiful!