Sep 15, 2006

Illustration Friday: Change


This week, the Illustration Friday theme is Change. This is "Allie", my newest piece. She is this weeks submission because the style is a little bit of a change from the norm for me.

The background is awesome antique pages from an old scrapbook I purchased at a flea market. I love the linear shapes created by the yellowed edges of the paper. I have been collecting the metal rings mounted to the canvas for a while now. The smaller ones are all found from all over. Overall, I am very excited with the end result!!

10 comments:

Teresa said...

Oh Michelle, this is great! I just adore you work. I got your art from our swap this week, sorry I hadn't said until now, but I have been busy getting kids off to college, kinda hectic.

Anyway, I love what I got from you and am so very appreciate and am thankful for the trade.

Have a great weekend!
Teresa

murphy girl said...

this is very festive, and innocent, and it reminds me of the horse show at the county fair...maybe she won a prize there?

republic of desire said...

Great one. The colorful dots and circles above her head convey her state of mind. Happy happy horse ride!

Ouissi Gresty said...

This is gorgeous! I love the spots & circles...

Ouissi x

Michelle Lana said...

nice! love your composition!

Alina Chau said...

Love the design!! beautiful!

illustrationblog said...

Dreamlike, fun and beautiful! This rocks!

irisz said...

i really like it!

thesoulofhope said...

I love this!

Jules said...

This is great, what a find that scrapbook must be.